Kidzmet is an online assessment for all IEM students that considers Jungian personality types, multiple intelligences, and learning style preferences to provide parents and ESs with a well-rounded view of a child. Kidzmet results are a key component of the student profile used by The Curriculum Wizard (grades 2nd-8th only) in making solid curricular recommendations which students respond well to and which have been found to be effective with an individual’s learning style.
Logging in to Kidzmet
Students can take the Kidzmet assessment within 48 hours of activated enrollment in an IEM school using a computer or tablet. A paper version is also available (see FAQs below).
- Kidzmet works best with Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
- For all students, please bookmark the following link: https://kidzmet.com/students/login
- Students login using the link above, our Kidzmet account ID, their student ID number, and the initial password (all listed below).
- KIDZMET ACCOUNT ID:
- South Sutter students: 186
- Ocean Grove students: 187
- Sky Mountain students: 188
- STUDENT ID: Individual student number (please obtain from your ES)
- INITIAL PASSWORD (for all schools): 7U78T&G%4 (please type in the password, do not copy/paste).
- After initial login, please change your Kidzmet password, by clicking on your name in blue in the upper right-hand corner after you are logged in.
- Video: Changing your Kidzmet Password (keep in mind the original password mentioned is not the current password)
- If you change your password, but can no longer remember it, please complete the Kidzmet Password Reset Form
- The inventory itself should take no more than 20 minutes for students to complete, longer for younger students, please see “best practices” below.
- Make sure students select the button if they do not finish the inventory in one session. If a student does not finish in one sitting, he/she can log in to complete the remainder of the profile anywhere wifi is available (home, classroom, library, etc.). Results will not be generated until the survey is completed.
- Once the student is finished, you can view his/her profile.
- For your convenience, here is a short Kidzmet Student Login Demonstration. (keep in mind the original password mentioned is not the current password)
- Please inform your ES when your child has completed the assessment. Your ES will then send a complete snapshot of your child’s results. The snapshot will include a comprehensive presentation of recommended approaches and tactics to learning, plus a summary of each learner’s strengths and the ways to use those strengths in planning lessons.
- Can’t log in? Can’t remember what you changed your password to? Kidzmet Password Reset Form
Best practices for assessment administration for TK-1st grade students
Top 5 tips for administering Kidzmet to younger kids:
- Key into when your child starts to get wiggly or distracted and click the dark blue "save and complete later" button on the left side of the screen. The entire profile should take 20-30 minutes. Some young kids enjoy taking it and will stay focused for the duration, whilst others will need smaller "bites." Generally speaking, kids seem to be able to handle about 2 minutes per year of age.
- When asking the questions, allow children to answer for themselves and don't try to convince them to move up--or down--the scale. Particularly for younger kids, they adore pleasing their parents. Pleasing should take the form of just answering the question...not HOW they respond. This will give us the best indicator of your child's true, current learning preferences.
- Preview the profile before your child takes it, so that you know which vocabulary words may not be as familiar to your child and you can prep with either props or illustrations (physical or verbal).
- If your child has not had any experience with the subject matter, use the RED icon with the question mark on the far right side. If your child has had experience with the subject matter, but isn’t sure how he/she feels about it--good or bad--use the orange emoticon with the ~ shaped mouth to indicate his/her response.
- Most importantly, have fun! This should be an enjoyable experience for both you and your child as he/she flexes his/her "self smarts" and you learn more about his/her inner world.
Q: How can students have access to the assessment if they don’t use technology/computers?
A: A paper version of the Kidzmet Assessment is provided for each student, through their ES, if technology is not an option. Once completed, the ES will manually enter the student’s answers into the student’s Kidzmet account to obtain profile results. Parents, please fill out the paper survey and provide it to your ES. Make sure your student’s name is printed at the top.
Q: What if parents want access to the Kidzmet assessment for themselves or other children in the family?
A: Parents can purchase their own Kidzmet memberships for $10 using out-of-pocket funds. Instructional Funds cannot be used for these additional assessments.
Included in the $10 personal Kidzmet membership:
- Profiles for up to 60 individuals so that a family can profile not only their kids, but potential caregivers, tutors, and coaches to determine whether or not their personalities “fit”
- Dashboard showing quick links to everyone you profile
- eCopy of “A Parent’s Playbook for Learning”
- eCopy of “101 Activities to Stretch and Strengthen Your Child’s Multiple Intelligences”
To sign up:
- Visit https://kidzmet.com/users/register. Once logged in by creating an account, click the red “enroll now” button.
- Use the coupon code for the discount: IEM!parents
- Parents set up the account using their child's name and IEM Student ID (refer to your ES).
Once parents are enrolled, they should email their child's name and student number to email@example.com and the student’s IEM account will be linked to the parent account as well.